Medieval Great Helm Crusader: 14 gauge, Medium
- 14 Gauge Steel
- Size Medium
- Made by GDFB
- Collector quality, European-style Armor
- Low price, remarkable quality, unique detailing
- Color: silver
- Brought to existense in 14 gauge steel and thoroughly padded, it creates exceptional head protection for the weapons-contact re-enactor, like no other replica
- Can be used in Live Action Role Play (L.A.R.P) or for Medieval or other Historical Event recreations
- The precision of the detailing on the helmet creates an amazing medieval touch
- Shipped from our warehouse in the United States
- This type of helm was frequently worn in accordance with a smaller, lighter helmet: see our Secret Helm - AB0371/72.
In the ancient times strategically protective head garments were typically made from wood, animal skins and different plants were used for padding. When the time came for helmets made from metal, people started to use different metal techniques. Ancient helmets, made of gold and copper, were found in many royal tombs. Even though these golden and copper helmets were very sturdy, they weren't cheap, so only the rich were able to get any practical use out of them. As the time passed, new metal techniques were discovered and the helmets became even more sturdier, but for a lower price.
The Great Helm devoloped greatly throughout the thirteenth century and this recreation precisely replicates the Pembroke helmet, created further in the time period and goes back to approx. 1300 AD, currently in the Burrell Collection.